Chicken with Nettle Recipe
It’s been so long since I wanted to work with this rebellious herb, which stings you at the first touch (holds that reminds me of a few ‘un). I took advantage of a beautiful day at the edge of Lake Bourget, if the nettles are still free and abundant, it will still take about two hours in the forest, in order to harvest and adorn these wild grasses. Rather, look for a place where there is no pollution (it’s better, anyway), in the woods for example, the leaves will be protected from fallout by the trees. The nettle which enjoys a bad reputation is however excellent for health, I will not brag about these benefits to you, many sites will do it better than me. What interests me is rather the culinary side to make this Chicken with nettles. I take more and more pleasure in working with the products in nature, I returned with my dog, with this feeling of serenity? Just with the fingers pricking raw, I had nevertheless brought a pair of gloves, to pick the nettles. As soon as I arrived, with my curiosity that you know, I immediately caressed the first leaves with a little provocation, but immediately by biting, the young shoots seem harmless, yet at the end of the day, the burns are there , so to prepare your Chicken with nettles, gloves are strongly recommended. I really enjoyed making this Chicken with nettles, with this flavor from the forest.
Chicken with nettles recipe for 2 people
- 20 g nettles, washed and stripped
- 10 g flat-leaf parsley
- 200 g chicken
- 4 young new leeks
- ½ shallot chicken
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 20 g butter
- 60 g of spaghetti
- Pick young nettles in the woods far from the roads, just the top, I advise you to do it with gloves.
- Use a pair of scissors.
- Make yourself comfortable in the forest, then remove the leaves from the nettles and keep only the young leaves.
- Rinse the nettles several times, soak them in water with vinegar, about 5 minutes.
- Rinse the flat parsley, then dry it.
- Dry the leaves with food paper after wringing them out.
- Peel and roughly chop the garlic and shallot.
- Cook the pasta.
- Chop the nettles with the garlic and shallot as finely as possible with a knife.
- Trim the young leeks, then slice them into thin slices.
- Cut the chicken into bite-sized cubes.
- Generously season the meat with salt and pepper.
- Heat the butter and oil in a sauté pan over medium heat.
- Add the leek slices, then the herbs, sear them for a few minutes.
- Separate the herbs and cook the chicken for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Incorporate the pasta and let it soak in this natural sauce.
Preparation time: 60 minutes
Cooking time: 4 to 5 minutes
Number of people: 227
4 star rating: 1 review
What wine to drink with: Chicken with Nettle Recipe
My favorite wine for this Côte Roannaise red recipe Grape varieties: Gamay
Temperature between 14 ° and 15 °
Pick the tips of the nettlesRinse the nettles thoroughlyDry nettlesIngredientsFinely chopGrab the nettlesAdd the chickenzoom<img src="/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/502351917833637513.jpg" class="aligncenter"