Recipe: Snail in butter
Snail recipe with butter, here is a simple recipe to make, but it’s my favorite. If I were allowed to do that, we would eat snails every week at home…. This snail butter recipe comes from my grandmother, she too was fond of snails, at the time they were abundant in the ditches. She was using her buttered snail recipe already from her mother to the habits. Recipe 2009 souvenir
- Snail recipe with butter For 4 people:
- 125 g butter
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 1 shallot
- 1 bunch of parsley
- 2.5 g of salt
- 1 g of pepper
- 1 tip of Ricard (optional)
- Take out your butter at least two hours before use.
- Wash your parsley with plenty of water, remove the branches and keep only the leaves, dry it well,
- Peel your garlic and the shallot.
- On a board, chopped your parsley, garlic and shallot with a knife (you can do it in a blender, but the result is not the same)
- Salt and pepper your preparation.
- In a bowl, mix your preparation with the butter, knead, knead but do not overheat your butter.
- Fill your shells or your snail dish, stuff the butter well, there should be no air space left.
- Pass in a hot oven or grill at 180 ° for at least 10 minutes.
Number of people: 4
Cooking time: 10 minutes
4 star rating: 1 review
What wine to drink with: Snail with butter
My favorite wine for this recipe Rully (White) Grape varieties: Aligoté, Chardonnay, Pinot noir)
Temperature between 10 ° and 11 °
- Snail butter
- Snail butter mussels
- Hot oysters with snail butter
Oh I love snails and eat them often and since my childhood but that said I will be unable to do them like killing and eating my chickens… Am I stupid? Yes surely because I adore them more than anything in the world, well my husband before anyway lollll
Kisses thank you for this recipe that I would come to taste at your place all ready.
not for me tonight, kisses Pascal
Grandmothers’ recipes are the best
Good night kisses.
Your reactions / questions / tips: Cancel reply