Recipe: Crusted boar pâté
Recipe for boar pâté in a crust, nothing like starting an evening with a homemade pâté en croute, we have accompanied it with a white not too dry.
- Recipe for 1 mini mold of boar pâté in crust of 30 cm:
- 300 g of wild boar
- 250 g of throat
- 3 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 1 carrot
- 3 shallots
- 37.5 cl Arbois Pupillin
- 350 g shortcrust pastry
- 11 g home cooking spicy salt
- Trim the boar and cut it into large cubes.
- Cut the throat into a large cube.
- Peel the shallots and carrot.
- Reserve the wild boar and throat in a salad bowl, then cover with white wine.
- Add the carrot cut into slices and the shallots cut in half.
- Sprinkle with thyme.
- Film the salad bowl and let stand in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
- Mix the meat, then drain the marinade.
- Weigh salt and pepper.
- Chop meat with a medium grill.
- Add 100 g of liquid marinade while stirring
- Roll out the shortcrust pastry.
- Distribute the dough in the pie crust pan without piercing it.
- Fold the dough over the edges of the mold.
- Fill the mold with the stuffing.
- Close with the lid, weld with a brush and water.
- Pass an egg yolk over the shortcrust pastry.
- make a fireplace on top of the pâté.
- Bake in a hot oven at 180 ° for 45 minutes.
- Let the pâté cool before unmolding.
- I served it with pickled plums from last year
Preparation time: 40 minute (s)
Cooking time: 45 minute (s)
Number of people: 1 mini mold
4 star rating: 1 review
What wine to drink with: Pâté de boar en croute
My favorite wine for this Moulis en Médoc recipe. Grape variety: Cabernet Sauvignon; Merlot; Little Verdot
Temperature between 16 ° and 17 °
Marinade After 24 hours Wring out the meat Pastry Fill the mold Make a funnel Jelly To cut