Recipe: Duck rillettes
Summary: Recipe for duck rillettes, it is always a lot of pleasure to present homemade duck rillettes to family or friends. I often take advantage of the end-of-year promotions of fatty ducks, to make this kind of recipes. I like to make big slices in country bread and to spread them generously with the duck rillettes. I deliberately make them not too fatty, but especially tasty to serve with a slightly dry white. I have already presented you with a lot of meat or fish rillettes, but it is mainly because I do not buy any cake for the aperitif and I never do the same thing twice. You now understand why I offer you so many choices for the preparation of your aperitifs. Duck rillettes for everyone to enjoy with a small sancerre and a good toast of country bread.
- Duck rillettes recipe for 6 people:
- 10 fatty duck sleeves.
- 3 tablespoons of duck fat
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 cloves
- 1 large carrot
- ½ nutmeg
- 1 glass of dry white wine
- 2 glasses of water
- Peel the onion, then cut in half.
- Prick each half of an onion with a clove.
- Sear the sleeves in the duck fat.
- Peel the carrot, cut into quarters and add to the duck.
- Grate the nutmeg half on the sleeves
- Salt and pepper
- Pour in the wine and water.
- Bake in the oven at 120 ° for 4 hours.
- Crush the cooked meat with a vegetable press so as not to mix it.
- Add, as you wish, the duck fat, incorporate into the preparation.
- Taste and season more or less.
- Leave your rillettes to rest for two days in the refrigerator.
Preparation time: 60 minutes
Cooking time: 60 minute (s)
Number of people: 6
4 star rating: 1 review
What wine to drink with: duck rillettes
My favorite wine for this recipe: Sancerres Sauvignon blanc grape
Temperature between 10 ° and 12 °
Duck sleeves Color the meat Cooked meats Sort the meats Strip the duck