Recipe: Fig chutney
Fig chutney recipe, here is a perfect recipe to accompany a homemade terrine or even a foie gras, you can make it several days before. Given the price of figs in winter, the ideal will be to use dried fiques, they will still be more fragrant. Fig chutney to start a Christmas meal, it is very fragrant and the cinnamon sticks will have puffed up well with this preparation.
- Fig chutney recipe for 10 people
- 0.250 kg onions
- 0.250 kg dried figs
- 1 teaspoon of Raz el hanout
- 2 tablespoons of wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons of Honey
- 2 Cinnamon sticks
- 2 cloves
- 1/2 nutmeg
- 10 grapes
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Cut the onions into small pieces and brown them with the oil in a cast iron casserole dish under low heat.
- Add all the spices.
- Cut the figs into small strips.
- Add them to the onions as soon as they are translucent.
- Stir regularly.
- Add the sticks.
- Pour in the vinegars and sugar, and the cloves.
- Stir with a wooden spoon regularly.
- Add the cinnamon sticks.
- Cover with water.
- Simmer for 4 hours, there should be no juice left, stir regularly.
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 2 to 3 hour (s)
Number of people: 6
4 star rating: 1 review
What wine to drink with:
Everything will depend on the support