Recipe: Foie gras flavored with gingerbread
Recipe for gingerbread-flavored foie gras, I’ve been asking for a foie gras and gingerbread for a long time, this time I included the gingerbread spices directly in my foie gras. I can’t wait to taste. Foie gras at home is an institution we eat it all year round, but it’s still the highlight at Christmas. Here with a new flavor, the gingerbread in the heart of the foie gras, I’m also testing a new version of foie gras, but I’ll tell you more about it when I’m ready. Foie gras flavored with gingerbread, a friend placed the order, and I like the slightly spicy taste of my foie gras.
- Gingerbread flavored foie gras recipe for 8 people:
- 1 lobe of duck foie gras 0.600 kg
- 2 tablespoons of armagnac
- 9.5 g fine salt
- 0.8 g white pepper
- 0.5 g of nutmeg,
- 0.5 g of ginger,
- 0.3 g of anise
- 0.5 g of cardamom,
- 0.5 g star anise
- Take the lob out for a quarter of an hour before stripping it.
- Deveine the foie gras by starting with the large globe, then the smallest.
- Weigh the salt and pepper and the spices.
- Mix them.
- Season the liver with the spicy preparation
- Add the armagnac.
- Mix with a wooden spoon, without heating the foie gras.
- Mix so that no spices remain visible.
- Place the foie gras in sausage form on cling film.
- Wrap the sausage with the cling film, tightening the ends.
- Tie each end by moving the liver on the inside to compress it well.
- Film your foie gras several times, tying the ends each time and then cut the ends.
- Boil a large volume of water, as soon as the water boils, stop the heat.
- Place the foie gras. Cook for 15 to 18 minutes depending on the size of your sausages.
- Cool in a large volume of cold water, cooled with ice cubes.
- Leave to rest for a good week in the back of your refrigerator, before tasting.
Preparation time: 45 minutes
Cooking time: 18 minutes
Number of people: 1
4 star rating: 1 review
What wine to drink with gingerbread-flavored foie gras
What wine to drink with: Montbazillac Sémillon, Muscadelle, Sauvignon blanc
Temperature between 06 ° and 08 °
Temper the foie gras Awakening the foie gras Ask on a film Tighten in the film Tie the ends Ready for cooking Toast the bread Figs Chutney