Recipe: Forest venison terrine
Forest roe deer terrine recipe, I still had death trumpets in large quantities and dried, they came to flavor this terrine deliciously. I roasted them a bit with shallots before putting them in the terrine. A little patience for the marinade, then the cooking and after a good week of waiting in the refrigerator, there the terrine will develop all its flavor. Then finally comes the moment to taste this Forest Deer Terrine.
- Recipe Forest venison terrine for 15 people:
- 800 g Boneless loin
- 800 g of throat 3.65
- 1 kg of venison
- 1 bard
- 4 tablespoons of Armagnac
- 60 cl of pinot blanc
- 10 peppercorns
- 1 clove
- 50 g of dried trumpets.
- 2 large shallots
- ½ bunch of parsley
- 16 g of salt per kilo of meat
- 2 g of pepper per kilo
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C (th. 6)
- Soak the trumpets for an hour in lukewarm water.
- Rinse the parsley, dry with food paper.
- Peel the shallots.
- Chop the parsley and shallots in a food processor.
- Heat a pan and brown the parsley and shallots.
- Add the trumpets and cook for about ten minutes.
- Prepare the marinade 24 hours before cooking the terrine.
- Place the pieces of venison cut into large cubes with the pork.
- Add the thyme, about ten peppercorns, the cloves.
- Pour in the white wine and Armagnac.
- Stir the meat from time to time during the time of the marinade to soak all the pieces.
- Cover with new cling film after each opening.
- Leave to marinate in the refrigerator.
- Drain the meats and dry with food paper.
- Chop the pork and the venison.
- Mix the venison and pork.
- Weigh the meat.
- Salt and pepper, respect the doses, it is important for the balance of your terrine.
- Add all or part of the marinade juice.
- Bard the terrine
- Fill the terrine without tamping too much.
- Place in the hot oven.
- Let roast for 1 hour 30 minutes.
- Compress the terrine for an hour, with a tin can for example.
- Remove the weight from the terrine, it will rise and absorb the liquid jelly.
- Let the terrine rest for a week in the refrigerator before tasting it.
Preparation time: 40 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour 30 minutes
Number of people: 15
4 star rating: 1 review
What wine to drink with: Forest venison terrine
My favorite wine for this recipe: Morgon Cépage Gamay
Temperature between 12 ° and 13 °
Bone the legCut the meat into cubesMarinate 1 or 2 daysDip the trumpetsChop shallots and parsleyBrown the trumpetsWeigh the meatCut the bardReady to bakeCookedZoom<img src="/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/7398949678793254223.jpg" class="aligncenter"