4 Cheese Fougasse Recipe
We really like all the pizzas at home and especially the fougasses with their bread dough, a little crunchy and soft at the same time. Here, with the cheeses, this fougasse has a lot of character, I did not use Roquefort, because Léonie finds that this cheese is too strong, me, I love it. But as we cook pizza by pizza, so every time we cook we share it. Of course I will introduce you to other fougasse, it’s endless … in any case this fougasse with 4 cheeses had enough character not to go unnoticed. When I make my dough, I always make 4 fougasses and freeze half of it, it’s practical and the dough tolerates freezing very well. I planned to make one for the meat, surely to the visit of my son and a fish and cream.
4 cheese Fougasse recipe for 2 people
- 250 g of type 55 flour
- 150 g of lukewarm water at 20 °
- 50 g of liquid sourdough
- 5 g baker’s yeast
- 5 g of salt
- 15 g oil
- 125 g cheese with fine herbs
- 1 goat
- 1 raw milk camembert
- 80 g of Comté
- Preheat the oven to 235 °, with the rack at the bottom of the oven.
- Grate the county.
- Cut the goat cheese into 1 cm rounds.
- Mix the flour, salt, liquid sourdough, yeast and water in the food processor.
- Knead for 5 minutes at slow speed.
- Then knead for another 7 minutes at high speed.
- Incorporate the oil and knead for another 3 minutes at high speed.
- The dough should be soft and smooth, it is gathered on the hook.
- Flour your work plan.
- Form a ball and cover it with a damp cloth.
- Leave to rise for 1 hour at room temperature.
- Fold the dough in half and let it rise for another hour.
- Flour the work surface and divide the dough into 4.
- Roll the dough pieces on themselves, giving them an elongated shape.
- Leave to stand for another 15 minutes under a damp cloth, solder underneath.
- Roll out the dough pieces by hand, to obtain oval pastes.
- Place the pastry on a non-stick baking sheet.
- Spread the cheese with herbs generously on the fougasse.
- Share the sliced goat cheese.
- Add the sliced Camembert in quarters.
- Sprinkle the Comté between the cheeses.
- Let it grow for another 30 minutes.
- Bake in the oven, adding 5 cl of water in the bottom plate for 4 minutes.
- Lower the oven to 220 ° and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Brush olive oil on the blank edges of the hot fougasse.
- Enjoy without moderation.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 14 minutes
Number of people: 2
4 star rating: 1 review
What wine to drink with: Fougasse with 4 cheeses
My favorite wine for this Beaujolais Grape variety recipe: Gamay
Temperature between 12 ° and 14 °
Roll out the dough Add cheese