Recipe: Galette des rois and apple
Galette des rois and apple recipe, I’ve been wanting to test this possibility of sharing the frangipane with an apple sauce for a long time, not for taste but just to lighten the preparation. I admit that I was surprised with the result, well it is much lighter but that hardly changes the taste. I like the moment when a child hides under the table and tries desperately to take the part where the bean is hidden, I know in principle where I am there my but, shh …… For this time fi, I am tricked into the store and bought shortcrust pastry, loved that crumbly side. 2015 souvenir recipe
- Recipe King’s cake and apple: For 8 people
- 2 rolls of puff or shortcrust pastry
- 2 Eggs (weigh the eggs to define the weight of the other ingredients)
- 100 g of almond powder (egg weight)
- 100 g icing sugar (egg weight)
- 100 g butter (egg weight)
- 1 egg for gluing and shine
- 400gr of applesauce
- 1 bean
- Unroll a dough and draw a smaller circle to delimit the place of the cream.
- Separate the white from the yolk for an egg.
- Break the two eggs into a bowl.
- Add the icing sugar, mix vigorously with a whisk.
- Add the almond powder, mix vigorously with a whisk.
- Add the tempered butter, mix vigorously with a whisk.
- Add the apple sauce and incorporate it well.
- Pass a brush with the egg white on the edges of the bottom layer, the width of the brush.
- Place the device in the center of your pancake, without touching the edge of the egg pastry.
- Place the bean close to the outside.
- Place the upper pastry roll on the marzipan without pressing the edges.
- Chick with the back of the knife tip to weld the puff pastry.
- Mix the egg yolk with a teaspoon of water.
- Brush the egg yolk over the pancake, without putting any on the chiquet.
- Bake in a hot oven at 180 ° for 45 minutes.
- Enjoy lukewarm.
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
Number of people: 8
5 star rating: 1 review
What wine to drink with: Galette des rois and apple
My favorite wine for this recipe Côte du Jura yellow wine (White) Grape varieties: Savagnin, Pinot blanc, Chardonnay
Temperature between 7 ° and 8 °
Add the softened butter Incorporate the compote Add the bean Brown with egg Zoom