Recipe: Garenne terrine
Recipe Wild terrine, not always easy to find wild wilderness, I had to use my knowledge. It was therefore a friend, Jean Michel, who introduced me to Claude the king of animals in our region, from pigeons to wild black pigs, he is the one to contact. I like to make my homemade terrines, I can no longer buy industrial terrines. I also like to serve them with homemade condiments, onions, mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, mirabelle plums. It is always a great pleasure to present a homemade terrine, I will of course have many others to present to you. But the wild terrine will remain in my mind, already with the visit to Claude, but in addition it was served at the wedding of my goddaughter Mélanie. 1398
- Terrine de garenne recipe for 8 people:
- 1 garenne (boneless 550 gr)
- 1 nice shallot
- 15 cl of liquid cream
- 6 cl of cognac
- 500 gr of pork loin
- 500 gr of pork throats
- 250 gr of chicken liver
- 200 gr of ham
- Salt 16 g per kilo
- Pepper 2 g per kilo
- 1 carrot
- 2 sprigs of thyme
- 35 cl Dry white wine
- Bone the warren.
- Cut the meat into strips
- Cut the loin and throat into large pieces.
- Peel the shallots then roughly chop.
- Peel and roughly chop the carrot;
- Pour the meats and vegetables into a salad bowl.
- Add the sprigs of thyme.
- Pour the cognac directly over the meat.
- Cover with dry white wine.
- Close with a film and let stand for 2 days in the bottom of the refrigerator.
- Sponge the wild mushroom two days later and set aside.
- Chop the rest of the meat.
- Sear the garenne in a little olive oil.
- Mix the garenne with the minced meat, the liver and the shallot.
- Weigh the meats, then season with salt and pepper.
- Whip the whipped cream, then add it to the meat.
- Pour the meat without tamping it too much into an earthenware mold.
- Bake in the oven for 1 hour then remove the cover and cook for another 30 minutes at 180 °
Preparation time: 40 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour 30 minutes
Number of people: 8
4 star rating: 1 review
What wine to drink with: Terrine de garenne
My favorite wine for this recipe: Beaujolais Nouveau Grape Gamay
Temperature between 13 ° and 14 °
Cut the meat Marinate overnight Add the spices and salt Add the whipped cream Incorporate the whipped cream