Green tomatoes recipe
With this recipe, I don’t want to teach you how to make a green salad, but just to give you an original idea to prepare a salad of green tomatoes. A nice plate of green tomatoes, it’s almost summer, I love the colors of the vegetables and especially this plate of green tomatoes and mozzarella. An ideal plate of vegetables to accompany a barbecue, the acidity of the tomatoes is regulated by the mozzarella cheese, with a little drizzle of olive oil and voila. Tomatoes are my favorite vegetables for making beautiful salads, the red ones, which have ripened in the sun, are bursting with vitamins. A plate accompanied by a good fresh rosé and it’s summer, green tomatoes are not found everywhere, but I know a market gardener who offers them throughout the summer.
Green tomatoes recipe for 2 people
- 6 small green tomatoes
- 1 red onion
- 1 shallot
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- A little fleur de sel
- Wash the tomatoes in water, then dry them with food paper.
- Thinly slice the green tomatoes.
- Place them directly on the plates.
- Peel the onion and shallot.
- Slice the onion in half, then into thin strips.
- Chop the shallot lengthwise, then crosswise.
- Add olive oil to each plate.
- Scatter the shallots.
- Crush the peppercorns, then add it to the tomatoes.
- Season with salt.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 0 minutes
Number of people: 2
4 star rating: 1 review
What wine to drink with: Green tomatoes
My favorite wine for this Rosé de Corse recipe Grape varieties: Nielluccio
Temperature between 7 ° and 8 °
Rinse and slice Slice the tomatoes