Recipe: Seven-hour leg of venison
Seven-hour leg of leg of venison recipe, another way to cook game. This venison roast melts in your mouth, it has been simmering for a long time in the oven at low temperature. Cooking leg of venison lends itself well to this seven hour leg of roast recipe. Seven-hour leg or leg with a spoon, a dish to enjoy all year round.
Seven-hour leg of venison recipe for 8 people
- 1 leg of at least 3 kg
- 5 cl of armagnac
- 250 g smoked bacon
- 150 g of bard
- 3 carrots
- 5 tomatoes
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 3 beautiful shallots
- 14 small white onions
- 2 tablespoons of thyme
- 1 tablespoon of oregano
- 1 teaspoon of Espelette pepper
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 10 cl of balsamic vinegar
- 10 cl of soy sauce
- 60 cl of white wine
- 50 cl of chicken broth
- Salt and pepper.
- Blanch the calf’s foot for 10 minutes in the broth
- In the casserole dish, brown the leg of lamb sprinkled with oregano, thyme and large pieces of bacon. Flambé with armagnac.
- Add the carrots in sections, onions and shallots
- Let seize
- Add the broth (two-thirds of the casserole dish) and bring to a boil.
- Cover with wine, soy sauce and balsamic vinegar.
- Add the tomatoes cut in four, the calf’s foot.
- Cover with the bard that the meat is well protected
- Bake at 140 ° for 1 hour 30 minutes then at 120 ° for 5 or 6 hours.
- Check the amount of broth and if necessary add more.
- Serve with mashed potatoes (classic, vitelotte or sweet potatoes)
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 6 hour (s)
Number of people: 8
4 star rating: 1 review
What wine to drink with: Seven o’clock leg of venison
My favorite wine for this Pauillac (Red) recipe (Grape varieties: Cabernet franc, Cabernet sauvignon, Merlot, Petit verdot)
Temperature between 14 ° and 15 °