Recipe: Kidney with mustard
Mustard kidney recipe, it’s always a house party when I come back from the market with kidneys. This time I cooked my kidneys with mustard and of course white wine. The mustard has spiced up my sauce sweetened with cream and wine, the kids loved it. I served my kidneys in cream with a very white rice, a real delight.
- Kidney with mustard recipe for 2 people:
- 1 Beef kidney
- 2 shallots
- 2 tablespoons of mustard
- 20 cl Heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons of frying oil
- 30 cl of Edelzwicker wine
- 180 g Paris mushrooms
- 15g butter
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Salt and pepper, 5 berries
- Trim the kidneys or have them prepared by your butcher.
- Clean the mushrooms then cut them in 4.
- Cut the kidney lengthwise into three parts.
- Slice the beef kidney into pieces following the shape of the kidney.
- Heat the pan very hot with cooking oil.
- Sear the kidneys in the steaming oil and stir with a wooden spoon, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Filter the kidneys through a colander to extract all the fat.
- Place the kidneys in the pan and rinse them with lukewarm water.
- Wash the pan and utensils.
- Heat the pan with the butter.
- Peel then finely chop the shallots and garlic.
- Sear the shallot and garlic in the pan.
- Add the mushrooms, leave the heat very high to evaporate the water from the mushrooms.
- Stop cooking after 3 to 4 minutes, then set aside the mushrooms.
- Add the pieces of beef kidneys to the pan.
- Salt and pepper with the mignonette.
- Add the mustard as soon as the kidneys have taken on a nice color.
- Let the mustard roast.
- Add the wine to deglaze the pan, let boil for 2 minutes.
- Pour in the cream, then let it thicken.
- Finish cooking the kidneys.
preparation time: 20 minutes
Number of people: 2
Cooking time: 1 5 minutes
4 star rating: 1 review
What wine to drink with: Kidney with mustard
My favorite wine for this recipe: Edelzwicker Cépage Chasselas, Riesling; Sylvaner
Temperature between 08 ° and 10 °
Grill the kidneys Rinse Sear the mushrooms Cream Let reduce Add wine Let reduce Zoom