Lamb and Pepper Tagine Recipe
I really like tasting but also making tagines, the house takes on Mediterranean smells, until lunchtime with this beautiful dish of lamb and peppers tagine. It’s the surprise: the tagine arrives on the table! the lid has not yet been opened, it reserves a quantity of concentrated flavors just waiting to come and tickle our nostrils; so let’s go!! a brief appearance of the Tajine of lamb and peppers as soon as the cover is removed, everything jostles, we fly to the Maghreb, the music is there, the landscapes pass by at high speed, we fly over the Atlas. And finally we gently taste this lamb and peppers tagine, the flavors mix in the mouth, the lamb melts in the middle of all these aromas, it is a delight and pure happiness. Well, I’m going to calm down, because you’re going to take me for a fool.
Lamb and peppers tagine recipe for 12 people:
- 1.600 kg of lamb shoulder
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of raz el Hanout
- 1 teaspoon of 4 spices
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon of ginger
- 1 cube of vegetables
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 red pepper
- 1 onion
- 1 green pepper
- 1 fennel
- 2 small zucchini
- 2 glasses of water
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in the tagine.
- Peel the onion and fennel, then mince them finely.
- Add the spices as soon as the oil is hot.
- Sear the lamb in the spicy oil, brown the meat well.
- Reserve and add a spoon of olive oil to the tagine.
- Grill the onion with the fennel.
- Rinse the zucchini then cut them into rings and add them to the onion.
- Rinse the peppers, then cut them into small cubes.
- Dissolve the cube of vegetables in boiling water.
- Place the meat in the tagine, then the vegetables.
- Pour the water and broth over the ingredients.
- Pour in the honey then salt lightly.
Preparation time: 40 minutes
Cooking time: 4 hours
Number of people: 12
4 star rating: 1 review
What wine to drink with: Tajine of lamb and peppers
My favorite wine for this recipe: Windmill Grape Gamay noir
Temperature between 15 ° and 16 °
IngredientsSlice the meatSear the meatAdd the onionsReady to cook
Partnership with the Gry-Sablon estate in Emeringues in the Rhône
A thought to all those connected from France or abroad in love with French cuisine and its wines, here is a great opportunity for you to buy a quality wine, without any risk, to accompany my recipe for Tagine d ‘ lamb and peppers. I selected this Beaujolais wine from a Windmill from the Gry-Sablon estate of Mr. Dominique Morel after tasting it, I loved it.
Old vines vintage windmill:
Surely the most distinguished of Beaujolais, it is above all the oldest appellation of Beaujolais. With its aromas of black fruits (black cherries) and flowers (violets) to finish with a spicy note, we like as soon as we release the wine. Its very dark carmine color, with the first drops in the glass or a few tears in the glass, this Beaujolais cru leaves no one indifferent. I like this slightly velvety wine on the palate with its barely full-bodied character.
Domaine de Gry-Sablon
Phone: 04 74 04 45 35
Shops and prices. </p