Melon Butter Recipe
The melon gives a particularly tasty fruit butter, with both a subtle and fragrant flavor, you need a certain amount of ripe melon to make this recipe a success. Of course melon butter does not contain any form of butter, the name is due to the texture obtained, it will allow you to prepare lots of desserts.
- 2 kg of melon
- 50 cl of ciders
- 250 gr of sugar
- 500 gr gelvite or 6 gr agar agar depending on the desired dessert
- 2 lemon juice
- 2 stems of finely chopped lemongrass
- 1 tablespoon grand Marnier
- Peel, seed and cut the melon into small pieces.
- Take a bowl of jam and put the melon and the cider to cook for 45 minutes.
- Mix everything, as soon as the cooking is finished.
- Add sugar lemon juice lemongrass.
- Bring to a boil then cook over low heat for 1 hour 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the agar agar at the end of the cooking time and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add the Grand Marnier.
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 120 minutes
Number of people: 15
4 star rating: 1 review
What wine to drink with: Melon butter
You will have to choose a wine according to the dessert.
Thanks to my friend and brother-in-law Richard, with whom we cooked this recipe.
The chef of the restaurant Le Jaman