Onion soup recipe with Mont d’Or gratin
Summary: Tonight at home is Tarot, we particularly like these winter evenings that we spend typing cards and especially Léonie. Onions are always present with us and it’s been a while since I planned this soup au gratin with onions at the Mont d’Or. I had two mounts of gold left in my freezer. With the new season it was time to use them, this Mont d’Or au gratin onion soup was of a special flavor. I like the soup with onions, but like many children I have to grind it otherwise my daughter wouldn’t eat it. To make your soup a success, the onions must melt slowly and for a long time, on the other hand it will be necessary to toast the flour. It is the onions that will color this onion soup au Mont d’Or gratin. Souvenir recipe from 2017
Recipe ofOnion soup au Mont d’Or for 4 people:
- 25g butter
- 400 g onion (about 4 pieces)
- 2 large tablespoons of flour
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 15 cl of Crémant du Jura
- 1 small mount of gold
- 4 nice slices of bread
- Preheat the oven to 200 °.
- Share the mont d’or in 4.
- Place the toast on a non-stick baking sheet.
- Place a large piece of cheese on each toast.
- Peel and thinly slice the onions.
- Heat a casserole dish with olive oil and butter.
- Add the onions and let melt slowly, the onions should not burn.
- Stir regularly using a wooden spatula
- Add the flour as soon as the onions have melted and colored a little.
- Stir with the spatula and toast the flour well, it should be dark brown.
- Add the Crémant du Jura to dilute the flour.
- Continue the operation with water, in order to obtain the desired consistency.
- Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Let cook gently under a low heat, it should simmer.
- Add all the remains of the Mont D’or.
- Mix the soup if you have chosen this option.
- Pour the soup into an earthenware pot.
- Place in the oven on low position 30 minutes before serving.
- After 15 minutes place the baking sheet with the cheese on top and leave to brown.
- Serve in hot soup plates.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 60 minutes
Number of people: 4
4 star rating: 1reviews
What wine to drink with: Onion soup au Mont d’Or gratin.
My favorite wine for this recipe: Crémant du Jura Cépage Savagnin blanc and Chardonay
Temperature between 08 ° and 10 °
Onion soup au gratin with Mont d’Or Crusts with Mont d’Or Reduce the soup