Recipe: Oxtail Parmentier
Oxtail Parmentier recipe, the oxtail has simmered for 5 hours for this Parmentier worthy of great dishes. Hachis Parmentier for a winter meal, the meat was delicious flavored with vegetables, frankly it was divine. It’s a lot of work to make this Oxtail Parmentier, but frankly the result is worth the effort.
- Oxtail Parmentier recipe for 8 people:
- 1 oxtail
- 2 pieces of rib dish
- 4 medium sized carrots
- 3 white turnips
- 2 leek whites
- 2 stalks of celery
- 6 shallots
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 large onions
- 1 bunch of flat-leaf parsley
- 1 bunch of curly parsley
- 6 bay leaves
- 5 sprigs of thyme
- 150 gr of butter
- 1 tablespoon of 5 berry pepper
- 50 cl of red wine
- 2 tablespoons of coarse salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon of 4 spices
- For the mash
- 2.5 kilos of potatoes
- 20 cl of liquid cream
- 100 gr of butter
- Rinse the meat to remove all impurities.
- Tie the oxtail by wrapping all the pieces or have it done by your butcher.
- Sear the oxtail and rib dishes with a little olive oil in a large Dutch oven.
- Salt with coarse salt
- Add the spices and pepper.
- Pour the wine.
- Peel then quarter the turnips
- Peel then halve the carrots
- Tie the thyme twigs.
- Tie the celery stalks into a branch.
- Tie the leek whites cut lengthwise into two sections
- Add the vegetables and tied herbs.
- Cover with plenty of water.
- Skim from the first broths to remove all impurities
- Simmer at low broth, simmer for at least 3.5 hours to 4 hours.
- Reserve the meat when cooking is finished and let cool.
- Reserve the carrots and turnip.
- Strain the cooking juices through a Chinese, to serve it as a soup with stale bread.
- Let the broth cool, so that you can degrease it well the next day.
- Peel and finely chop the shallots and garlic.
- Heat the pan with the remaining olive oil.
- Sweat the shallots and garlic.
- Rinse and dry the flat parsley.
- Cut the finely with a knife.
- Bone the tails and flat ribs.
- Cut the carrots and turnips into cubes.
- Mix the meat and vegetables, then add the shallots and garlic.
- Add the parsley to the meat.
- Cook the cut potatoes in a large volume of salted water for 30 minutes.
- Crush the potatoes with the cream and butter.
- Start assembling the Parmentier with a layer of puree
- A layer of meat
- A layer of potato.
- Smooth with a fork
- Sprinkle with bread crumbs.
- Place a few knobs of butter on the breadcrumbs.
- Place in a hot oven at 180 ° for 45 minutes.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
Number of people: 4
4 star rating: 1 review
What wine to drink with: Oxtail Hachis Parmentier
My favorite wine for this recipe: Beaujolais Grape gamay
Temperature between 10 ° and 12 °
Thanks to Hélène and Etienne for their invitation
Tying the tailGrillColorful tailPeel the vegetablesCover with waterLet it cook by the fireThe next dayDegrease thoroughlyTake the meat out of the casserole dishCut the carrotsCarrots, turnips, fennelBoning the meatChop the parsleySear parsley and onionMix meat and parsley.Mash, meat, mashHazelnut butter<img src="/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/8561722461176681792.jpg" class="aligncenter"