Oxtail recipe, this dish cooks like beef stew. I served this oxtail like an oxtail. In the evening, a beef soup, this completely defatted homemade broth accompanied by small pasta, they accompanied this divine broth. My jellied oxtail served cold.
- Oxtail recipe for 4 people:
- 2 oxtails,
- 1 calf’s foot cut in half,
- 500 g of side dish
- 1 bone marrow
- 4 carrots,
- 1 teaspoon of fennel seed
- 1 slice of ground cloves
- 1 half teaspoon of cumin
- 1 large turnip,
- 1 large onion studded with 2 cloves,
- 2 small leeks,
- 1 stalk of celery,
- 1 bunch of parsley
- 5 sprigs of thyme
- 10 bay leaves),
- 1 tablespoon of coarse salt
- 10 peppercorns,
- Sear the oxtails, veal trotters and the side dish.
- wash the vegetables then peel them.
- Place the vegetables in a large Dutch oven
- Add the meats the bunch of parsley.
- Tie the thyme with string.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover with water and bring to a boil.
- Skim regularly in order to recover all the impurities.
- Lower the heat and simmer for at least 4 hours.
- Take the ingredients out of the broth and separate the vegetables from the meats.
- Reduce the filtered broth to obtain a syrupy liquid which will constitute the jelly.
- Separate the oxtail meat from the bones.
- Get rid of fatty parts and cartilages.
- Cover the inside of the terrine with cling film, overflowing widely.
- Assemble the terrine, alternating meat, carrots.
- Pour in the lukewarm jelly.
- Finish with a layer of meat and a ladle of jelly, smooth the surface.
- Fold back the film to enclose the terrine. Place in the refrigerator for at least 24 hours.
Preparation time: 30 minute (s)
Cooking time: 4 hour (s)
Number of people: 8
4 star rating: 1 review
What wine to drink with Oxtail
My favorite wine for this recipe Châteauneuf du pape (Red) Grape varieties: Grenache noir, Mourvèdre, Syrah
Temperature between 15 ° and 16 °