Recipe: Parsley ham
Parsley ham recipe, for a starter to eat with friends. I particularly like this kind of generous terrine, with large pieces of almost candied ham. Deliciously flavored with calf’s foot and white wine, I love this meat that has simmered for a long time and gently. Parsley ham recipe, you will love this starter to serve with a good Burgundy. Parsley ham to start a lunch with friends, lightly candied you will devour this beautiful terrine. It is also called easter ham
- Parsley ham recipe for 10 people:
- 1 kg of ½ salt pallet
- 600 g half salted breast
- 600 d half-salted ham
- 50 cl of Edelzwicker white wine
- 1 calf’s foot, sliced in half
- 2 onions
- 2 carrots
- 2 stalks of celery
- 1 leek
- 1 bouquet garni
- 1 tablespoon of peppercorns
- 5 juniper berries
- 4 cloves
- 1 bunch of flat-leaf parsley
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 3 tablespoons of capers
- 20 pickles
- Desalt the meat in cold water for 48 hours.
- Change the meat several times.
- Rinse all the celery and parsley.
- Peel the carrots, onion and garlic.
- Remove the leaves from the parsley, then tie the stems with a string.
- Place the meat in a casserole dish.
- Add the calf’s foot.
- Cut the vegetables into large cubes, then add them.
- Add the parsley sprigs, pepper, berries, bouquet garni and cloves.
- Pour in the wine and cover with water.
- Bring to a boil, then skim and simmer for 4 hours.
- The meat should come off the bones.
- Drain the meat, degrease and remove the rinds.
- Filter the cooking juices.
- Let cool and degrease.
- Cut the meat into large cubes.
- Finely chop the parsley and garlic.
- Crush the pickles and capers.
- Combine the condiments in a bowl.
- Film the terrine.
- Assemble the terrine, starting with the meat, then the condiments.
- Repeat until all the products are used up.
- Finish with the herbs.
- Pour in the cooking juices and cover the terrine.
- Let stand in the refrigerator for 48 hours.
Preparation time: 35 minutes
Cooking time: 4 hour (s)
Number of people: 12
4 star rating: 1 review
What wine to drink with: Parsley ham
My favorite wine for this recipe: Auxey-Duresses Grape Pinot Noir
Temperature between 15 ° and 16 °
Source: Saveur magazine
MeatDice salt the meatMeat in the casserole dishAdd the carrotsAdd the leekJuniper berryCook the meatCooked meatBoning the meatTerrine to cookZoom<img src="/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/8349546757916420451.jpg" class="aligncenter"