Passion fruit macaron recipe
Summary: A ½ day spent with my friend Fabien, who had ordered a cooking class on macaroons. I take more and more pleasure in making these macaroons, especially with 4 or 6 hands. Fabien and his friend Coline came to spend Easter in Franche Comté with Thibaut, it was cool. It’s always a lot of work to make macaroons, but you can freeze them and then what a pleasure during the coffee to take out that passion fruit macaroon. The most difficult is surely the cooking, but with a few tests you will easily get there, the more it is to let the oven come up to temperature each time the oven is opened.
Passion fruit macaron recipe for 90 macaroons:
- 342 gr of ground almonds
- 342 gr of icing sugar
- 124 gr of egg whites
- Italian meringue
- 128 gr of egg whites
- 175 gr of water
- 324 gr of granulated sugar
- Passion fruit ganache
- 270 gr of dark chocolate
- 270 gr of passion fruit coulis
- 40 gr of sugar
- 27 gr of butter
- 27 gr of liquid cream
- 3 gelatin sheets
- 1 knife tip of natural food coloring
- Chop the chocolate.
- Separate the whites from the yolks. Store the whites in an airtight container at room temperature. They will be perfect for macaroons in 48 hours.
- Soak the gelatin sheets in cold water.
- Bring the cream to a boil.
- Add the gelatin leaves.
- Pour in the passion fruit coulis.
- Pour the boiling cream over the chocolate, then smooth with a spatula.
- Gradually add the tempered butter and smooth the mixture by adding the 40 g of sugar.
- Pour the ganache into a dish and let cool in the refrigerator.
- Mix then sift the ground almonds and the icing sugar.
- Make like a well
- Add the 124 gr of egg whites.
- Add the coloring
- Mix with a spatula.
- Whip the 128 g of egg whites until stiff.
- Heat the water and add the sugar, go up to 122 °.
- Gently pour in the syrup without touching the sides of the mixer.
- Beat until the device has dropped to 50 °
- Macaronate the Italian meringue and the almond powder with a spatula.
- The preparation should become supple, smooth and shiny.
- Under a sheet of baking paper, slide the templates
- Form small balls 3-4 cm in diameter using a No. 8 piping bag.
- Lightly tap the baking sheet to release any air bubbles.
- Leave to crust (dry) 30 minutes, the macaroons are dry to the touch before placing in the oven
- Bake in a hot oven at 140 ° C for 18 min.
- Leave to cool after cooking before peeling off the macaroons.
- When the shells are cold and the ganaches are ready to use, use a pastry bag to garnish half of the shells.
- Assemble with a second shell and turn it to distribute the filling.
- Place the macaroons in an airtight box and let sit in the refrigerator for at least 24 hours so that the macaroons become soft.
Preparation time: 120 minutes
Cooking time: 18 minutes
Number of people: 45 macaroons
4 star rating: 1 review
What wine to drink with: Passion fruit macaroon
My favorite wine for this recipe: Bonnereaux val de Loire yellow wine Grape variety Chenin blanc
Temperature between 08 ° and 09 °
Prepare the almond powderBeating egg whitesPut in a piping bagMake the shellsZoom