Recipe: Pig’s trotters
Old-fashioned pig’s trotters recipe, they simmered in a cast iron casserole dish directly in the oven. I’ve wanted to cook pig’s trotters for a long time, a childhood memory, mom loved it. I prolonged the cooking of the pig’s trotters, so that they are candied and tender. Cooking pig’s trotters in a cast iron casserole dish in the oven allows no supervision and can simmer while you are at work. Pig’s trotters a cheap recipe.
- Pig’s trotters recipe for 2 people:
- 2 pig’s trotters
- 3 onions
- 3 carrots
- 6 small potatoes
- 1 teaspoon of curry
- Salt and pepper
- 15 cl of white wine
- Peel the onions then cut into eighths.
- Peel the carrots, then cut into slices.
- Rub and then rinse the red potatoes.
- Rinse the pig’s feet with clean water.
- Place the onions and carrots in the bottom of a cast iron casserole dish.
- Place the pig’s trotters on top of the vegetables.
- Sow the curry on the feet.
- Place the potatoes alternately between the pig’s trotters.
- Pour 50 cl of water and the white wine.
- Place in the oven at 150 ° for 4 hours 30 minutes.
- Check the doneness of the pig’s trotters.
Preparation time: 25 minutes
Cooking time: 4 hours 30 minutes
Number of people: 2
4 star rating: 1 review
What wine to drink with: Pig’s trotters
My favorite wine for this recipe Vin d’Anjou Grape variety: Cabernet franc and Cabernet Sauvignon.
Temperature between 12 ° and 13 °
Carrots and onions Pig’s feet Add the potatoes Cooked On a plate