Potato and beetroot gratin recipe.
We love this gratin at home, but as it is rich, I keep it for special occasions. The red beets will color the whole dish, but above all will deliciously flavor it; candied, this gratin is a real killer. Even those who do not like beets will taste this dish with some pleasure. For this Potato and Beetroot Gratin, you can, depending on the flavor you want, add more or less Comté. What a pleasure to work with beetroot, I already like its first contact, barely peeled, it dyes your hands (be careful, it’s quite powerful) it’s better to wear gloves. They are best eaten cooked, steamed in a broth of water or stewed in the oven and in cream for this recipe of red beets and potatoes.
Potato and beetroot gratin recipe for 6 people
- 500 g of peeled raw beets
- 500 g peeled potatoes
- 1 liter of liquid cream
- 150 g of grated Comté
- Salt and pepper
- ¼ nutmeg
- Peel the beets with gloves, then slice them thinly in a food processor if you are equipped.
- Peel the potatoes then slice them finely in a food processor if you are equipped.
- In a large saucepan pour the red beets.
- Cover with the cream.
- Season generously with salt and pepper
- Grate the nutmeg.
- Cook for about 1 hour under a low heat.
- Then add the potatoes and cook for another hour.
- Check the doneness of the red beets.
- Place the vegetables in a baking dish.
- Bake at 180 ° in the middle of the oven for 2 hours.
- Then cover with grated Comté and cook for another hour.
- You can create shapes with film, but always be careful of lukewarm
Preparation time: 60 minutes
Cooking time: 240 minutes
Number of people: 6
4 star rating: 1 review
What wine to drink with: Potato and beetroot gratin
My favorite wine for this Bourgueil red recipe Grape varieties: Cabernet franc and Sauvignon
Temperature between 15 ° and 16 °
Peel potatoes Cook the beets Cooked beet Add county Zoom