Quince marmalade recipe
Recipe with quinces, I like to cook quinces at the end of summer in the freshness of my kitchen. The quinces must be cooked gently, they must be preserved under a small fire, to take on such a special flavor. This recipe with quinces remains easy to cook, often the quinces are generous and the owners distribute them generously. Quince recipe with bananas and honey, I flavored them with cinnamon stick, I love its smell and often use it in many recipes. With the peelings of the quinces I make liqueur, you will surprise your friends.
Quince marmalade recipe for 8 people
- 1 kg of quinces
- 4 bananas
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 1 star anise
- Soak the quinces for an hour in clear water.
- Wipe with a cloth to remove the down covering the fruit.
- Peel and cut into small pieces.
- Heat a saucepan with the quinces.
- Add the 4 cinnamon sticks and the star anise.
- Cover with water, under a low heat so that they cook gently.
- Stir from time to time so that they do not stick to each other, cooking time about an hour.
- Mix the quinces then add the honey and the bananas cut into small slices.
- Use the peelings for the quince liqueur.
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 180 minutes
Number of people: 8
4 star rating: 1 review
What wine to drink with: quince marmalade
My favorite wine for this recipe: Montlouis sur Loire; Grape variety: Chenin blanc
Temperature between 8 ° and 10 °