Saltimbocca alla Roma recipe
Summary : At home, we particularly appreciate veal and especially Italian cuisine. With this veal schnitzel I made my first saltimbocca alla Roma, memory of a visit to Rome. Veal cutlet recipe, choose your butcher at home, it must be of high quality and remain very tender. Veal cutlets are an easy recipe. Saltimbocca alla Roma a recipe that can be accompanied by fresh pasta with butter, no need for sauce the flavor of Saltimbocca will suffice.
Saltimbocca alla Roma recipe for: 4 people
- 4 thin veal cutlets
- 4 slices of Parma ham or similar
- 12 fresh sage leaves
- 100 g butter
- 10 cl of white martini or a mellow sweet wine
- 10 cl of white wine
- Salt and pepper
- Flatten the veal cutlets using a large flat knife and a roller, On a paper towel.
- To tenderize and especially to obtain a very fine cutlet.
- Place a sage leaf then a slice of Parma ham.
- Finish with a sage leaf and hold everything with a wooden pick.
- In a hot pan, heat the butter.
- Sear the cutlets on each side over low heat for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Keep warm in the oven at 80 °.
- Deglaze the pan with the martini and white wine.
- Reduce your sauce, then add the Saltimbocca to the pan and serve.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 6 minutes
Number of people: 4
4 star rating: 1 review
What wine to drink with: Saltimbocca alla Roma.
My favorite wine for this Rully red recipe Grape variety: Pinot noir
Temperature between 08 ° and 10 °