Roast veal recipe
Recipe roast veal in a cast iron casserole dish, long cooking in a not too hot oven, the meat will roast with the vegetables, which will reject a little water to enhance the sauce. I also like the bones that roast in the casserole dish and delicately flavor the sauce, along with the carrots, onion and jacketed garlic. Roast veal cooking, I chose a rather long cooking time in a not too hot oven, in fact 3 hours for my roast, it may seem long, but it was soft, tender and delicately scented, I will do it again without problem.
- Recipe for 6 people: Roast veal
- 1.2 kg of veal
- 3 large veal bones
- 1 carrot
- 1 onion
- 2 shallots
- 5 cloves of garlic, lined
- 2 tbsp of soy
- 20 cl of white wine
- 4 tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Roast the bones in olive oil.
- Peel, onions and shallots
- Cut the onion into quarters, then add it to the casserole dish.
- Cut the shallots in half, then add it to the casserole dish.
- Grill the roast on all sides in the casserole dish.
- Pour in the white wine and soy sauce.
- Place the garlic lined with the onions.
- Cut the tomatoes into quarters, then place them in the casserole dish.
- Garnish with the beans and potato.
- Bake at 150 ° for 3 hours in the oven.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 2 hours 30 minutes
Number of people: 6
4 star rating: 1 review
What wine to drink with: Roast veal
My favorite wine for this recipe: Côte de Blaye red Merlot grape, Cabernet franc, Cabernet sauvignon
Temperature between 15 ° and 17 °
The roast Grill the bones Add the vegetables Grill the roast Grill on all sides Add the tomatoes Add beans and potatoes Slice the roast once cooked