Recipe: Seared foie gras with sour cherries
Recipe for pan-fried foie gras with sour cherries, for this divine recipe I took advantage of a promotion in my hypermarket which offered fresh lobs of duck liver. Seared foie gras, I particularly like this savory and sweet gourmet recipe. Recipe for pan-fried fresh foie gras with morello cherries or if you don’t have one, you can use cherries. But frankly I like these cherries which have stayed for several years in a good kirch. The juice is tasty, it is impregnated with cherries and it goes wonderfully with pan-fried foie gras. A union of reason to consume without any restriction.
- Seared foie gras recipe with sour cherries for: 4 people
- 1 lobe of foie gras
- 300 g cherries in brandy
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon of Guérande salt
- 4 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 15 cl of cherry juice
- Slice your foie gras without denerving it in the direction of the width.
- Salt and pepper.
- Take a pan and bring up to medium temperature (the liver is sensitive to heat, no need for a too hot pan).
- Gently place the foie gras in the pan.
- Turn it over quickly (10 to 15 seconds per side), as soon as it has taken on a nice color, take it out.
- Let the liver rest under several layers of absorbent paper.
- This preparation can be done a few hours before the service, or even the day before.
- Return to temperature the pan where your foie gras has rejected its beautiful fat, remove too much fat.
- Place your pieces of foie gras in the pan as soon as it is hot.
- As soon as they are hot, deglaze with the alcoholic juice of the cherries
- Use hot plates and pour 1 or 2 tablespoons of juice over your foie gras.
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 06 minutes
Number of people: 4
4 star rating: 1 review
which wine to drink with: Pan-fried foie gras with morello cherries
My favorite wine for this St joseph blanc recipe Grape variety: Roussane et Marssanne (ermitage Blanc)
Temperature between 12 ° and 15 °
Thanks to Patrice for the pictures
Sear the foie gras Color it well Reserve the foie gras add the cherries Let confine Zoom cherries Add the foie gras Zoom Plate