Recipe: Split peas and Morteau
Split peas and Morteau recipe, a winter dish I often do at the same time as split pea soup. Split peas, I always have them in my buffet, it is often the soup of emergency, in addition if you have a sausage then it is only happiness. Soak the split peas for an hour, you will save time when cooking. We like to serve them with a big spoonful of sour cream, preferably thick.
- Split peas and Morteau recipe for 4 people:
- 500 g split peas
- 1 Morteau sausage
- 1 Strip of smoked brisket
- 1 leek white
- 2 carrots
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 onions
- 2 bay leaves
- ¼ nutmeg
- Rinse the split peas.
- Soak the split peas for an hour to save cooking time.
- Cut the root of the leek, split it in half and rinse it.
- Peel the onion then cut it in half.
- Peel the carrots.
- Pour the split peas in a casserole dish.
- Add all the vegetables.
- Add the meat, do not prick the Morteau sausage.
- Grate the nutmeg.
- Cover with plenty of water.
- Let cook gently for 45 minutes.
- Serve hot with a spoonful of heavy cream.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
Number of people: 4
4 star rating: 1 review
What wine to drink with: Split peas and Morteau recipe
My favorite wine for this recipe: Corbière rouge Grape variety: Cinsault, Grenache noir, Cargignan
Temperature between 14 ° and 16 °
heat Cover with water