Recipe: Tomato paste
Super easy tomato paste recipe. Crushed tomato or peeled tomato to make this tomato paste recipe, which you can enjoy all year round. Let reduce to obtain a double tomato paste for an hour. A concentrated tomato sauce preferred in winter where the tomatoes have no taste. Make tomato paste with peeled tomatoes, a recipe that you can adapt to many other recipes. Tomato concentrate to make a stuffing for homemade ravioli. Tomato concentrate for the base of your pizzas, or your puff pastry appetizers. A tomato sauce with tomato paste, always equal all year round. Tomato concentrate to make your verrines its color and texture lends itself very well to your creations.
- Tomato paste recipe for 4 people:
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 shallots
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 can of peeled tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon of Provence herb
- 1 tablespoon of oregano
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- ½ teaspoon of coarse salt
- 2 lumps of sugar
- Heat the oil in a cast iron casserole dish.
- Peel the garlic, onion and shallots, then mince them.
- Sear the garlic, onion and shallots, without letting them color.
- Pour the can of tomatoes into a saucepan with a thick bottom.
- Add the herbs, stir with a wooden spoon.
- Add the sugar.
- Salt and pepper
- Simmer on a low heat, very low for 1 hour.
- Crush the few resistant tomatoes using a wooden spoon.
- Mix the sauce.
- Cooking is finished when there is no more juice in your pan, the concentrate is thick.
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 60 minute (s)
Number of people: 4
4 star rating: 1 review
What wine to drink with: Tomato concentrate
Everything will depend on the support
Garlic shallot onion Slice Grab Peeled tomatoes Add the herbs The papricka Sugar Let reduce