Recipe: Tunisian stuffed squid
Squid stuffed with onions and baked bulgur, it’s a Tunisian recipe. I love cooking Tunisian recipes where we combine herbs, couscous, a lot of mixture with incredible aromas. A fairly easy squid recipe.
- Tunisian-style stuffed squid recipe for 4 people
- 4 large squids of about 200g each
- 2 fresh onions
- 1 lemon
- 1 bunch of flat-leaf parsley
- 1 bunch of mint
- 1 bunch of coriander
- 1 candied lemon
- 100g of fine bulgur
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 15g butter
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- Salt and pepper from the mill
- Clean the squids or ask the fishmonger to prepare them.
- Rinse and wipe the squid tentacles and fins. Cut them into small pieces, then brown them over low heat for 2 minutes in a hot pan with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and 10 g of butter.
- Wash and dry the herbs, then chop them with a knife.
- Cook the bulgur according to the package directions and set aside.
- Peel and cut the onions into small squares.
- Heat the cast iron casserole dish with 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Add the onions, then the bulgur, leave the bulgur to toast a little then cover with cold water and salt. Lower the heat to cook the bulgur for 8 to 15 minutes.
- Add the herbs as soon as the water has disappeared from the bulgur.
- Cut the tentacles and throw in the casserole dish 5 minutes before the end of cooking.
- Chop the herbs and add them to the bulgur at the end of its cooking.
- Add the juice of one lemon.
- Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Rinse and dry the bodies of the squid. Stuff them with a teaspoon without packing the stuffing too much. Close the end of the squid with crossed toothpicks.
- In a large skillet, cook the squid over low heat with 2 tablespoons of olive oil for 20 to 25 minutes, turning regularly. You can also cook them on the barbecue plancha.
Preparation time: 50 minutes
Cooking time: 8 to 15 minutes
Number of people: 4
4 star rating: 1 review
What an end to drink with Tunisian calamari
My favorite wine for this Cote du Roussillon recipe Grape variety: Carignan; Cinsault; Grenache noir
Temperature between 15 ° and 16 °
Thank you to Rosabel de Vesoul store for its dishes
IngredientsCut the onionsSear the bulgurAdd the herbsSear the squidsFill the squidsClose with a toothpickFront viewCook the BBQ planchaFlip the squidsRoasted squidTo end<img src="/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/3392298790933532947.jpg" class="aligncenter"