Recipe: Veal kidney aperitif
Recipe for veal kidney aperitif, ideal for dinner aperitifs, you will surprise your guests. Kidneys that are still a little pink, served on a roasted potato with duck fat. A few wooden picks, to facilitate the service, a great pleasure for all kidney lovers, here with the aperitif, they will call your guests. I did not flambé them, I regret it, to give them even more flavor, with veal kidney aperitif you will crack the amateurs.
- Veal kidney aperitif recipe for 4 people:
- 1 veal kidney
- 3 Agata potatoes
- 1 onion
- 1 tablespoon of duck fat
- Trim the kidneys or have them prepared by the butcher.
- Remove the fat that coats the kidney.
- Cut around the fat, avoid touching the kidney with the knife.
- Cut the kidney respecting the shapes, to have pieces like rabbit kidneys.
- Peel potatoes.
- Cut the potatoes into cubes of the same size but well cubic.
- Peel the onion.
- Cut the onion into quarters.
- Heat the pan with the duck fat.
- Sear the potato cubes in the pan on each side, let brown well.
- Place the potatoes on a baking sheet, then place in the oven at 80 °.
- Lightly sear the onions, they should just turn transparent.
- Place an onion petal on each potato, then iron in a warm place.
- Season the veal kidneys with salt and pepper.
- Sear the kidneys in the duck fat, they should remain barely pink.
- Prick a kidney on each potato, and let the peak protrude from the kidney.
- Return to the oven to take out just before serving.
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
Number of people: 4
4 star rating: 1 review
What wine to drink with: Veal kidney aperitif
My favorite wine for this recipe: Crémant du Jura Cépage Savagnin blanc, Chardonnay
Temperature between 08 ° and 10 °
Cut the potatoes Heat the duck fat Grill on each side Add the onions Sear the kidneys