Recipe: Veal kidney with grain mustard
Recipe for veal kidneys, we cooked them with grain mustard or old-fashioned mustard. Veal recipe, kidneys one of the noble parts of veal, I like them with cream but especially with a pink cooking, I also like to flambé them. At home, it’s always a great moment that you never tire of tasting veal kidneys. The grain mustard will lightly flavor the veal kidneys and give them a little character, be careful with the mustard we just have to suspect it …
- Veal kidney recipe with grain mustard for 2 people:
- 1 veal kidney
- 1 shallot
- 1 clove of garlic
- 10 cl Heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon of frying oil
- 25g butter
- 1 large tablespoon of grain mustard
- 5 cl of cognac
- Salt and pepper mignonette 5 berries
- Trim the kidneys or have them prepared by the butcher.
- Cut the kidney in half.
- Remove the fat that coats the kidney.
- Cut around the fat, avoid touching the kidneys with the knife.
- Cut the kidney lengthwise into three parts.
- Slice the kidneys into pieces according to the shapes.
- Heat the pan with the butter.
- Peel then finely chop the shallots and garlic.
- Sear them in the pan.
- Add the veal kidneys, salt and pepper to the mignonette.
- Add the mustard and let it toast a little.
- Deglaze with the cognac.
- Cream the kidneys, reduce and thicken a little, then serve.
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Number of people: 2
4 star rating: 1 review
What wine to drink with: Veal kidney with grain mustard
My favorite wine for this recipe: Pauillac Cépage Cabernet sauvignon; Cabernet white; Merlot
Temperature between 17 ° and 18 °
Zoom Add the cream Sear the mustard Sear the kidneys Sear the kidneys Leave to color Sear the mushrooms Cut the mushrooms Garlic and shallots Cut the kidneys Trim the kidney,