Recipe: Veal kidney
Recipe for veal kidney, we cooked them in cream and flambéed with cognac. Recipe for veal, kidneys, one of the noble parts of veal, I like them with cream but especially pink cooking. A starter for friends who appreciate veal kidneys and all the other offal. Veal kidney we accompanied them with pilau rice and fresh buttered spinach, just for the color.
- Veal kidney recipe for 4 people:
- 3 veal kidneys
- 4 shallots
- 2 cloves garlic
- Heavy cream
- 8 tablespoons of frying oil
- 25g butter
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 glass of cognac
- Salt and pepper mignonette 5 berries
- Trim the veal kidneys or have them prepared by the butcher.
- Cut the kidney in half.
- Remove the fat that coats the kidney.
- Cut around the fat, avoid touching the kidneys with the knife.
- Cut the kidney lengthwise into three parts.
- Slice the kidneys into pieces following the shape of the kidney.
- Heat the pan very hot with cooking oil.
- Sear the kidneys in the steaming oil and stir with a wooden spoon for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Filter the kidneys through a colander to extract all the fat.
- Place the kidneys in the pan and rinse them with lukewarm water.
- Wash the pan and utensils.
- Heat the pan with the butter.
- Peel then finely chop the shallots and garlic.
- Sear them in the pan.
- Add the veal kidneys, salt and pepper to the mignonette.
- Deglaze with the cognac.
- Flambé the cognac as soon as it is hot.
- Cream the kidneys then serve.
Number of people: 4
Cooking time: 5 to 6 minutes
4 star rating: 1 review
What wine to drink with: Veal kidney
My favorite wine for this recipe: Pauillac Cépage Cabernet sauvignon; Cabernet white; Merlot
Temperature between 17 ° and 18 °
Melt the butter Sear the shallots Leave to color Sear the kidneys Return them Cognate Add the cream Let reduce