Recipe: Veal tagine with candied lemons
Recipe for veal tagine with candied lemons, I had to cook in three batches with my tagine because it was too small. This afternoon at home it feels like Morocco, so much the spices tickle our nostrils. I love all of these flavors that roam my house. In addition, the sun is in the game, all that is missing is the sound of the sea. I like these well spiced North African dishes, but not too much, just enough to shake up our habits. I love this explosion of flavors with the first bites, I love this sweet and salty side. This veal tagine with candied lemons was prepared for my niece’s wedding. But the beautiful family is in the north and I have to prepare 2 days of meals in addition to the wedding. Well let’s see where there is gene there is no fun, isn’t it Nanie.
- Veal tagine recipe with candied lemons for 15 people:
- 3 kg of boneless veal shoulder
- 1 kg of veal with bone (blanquette)
- 4 marrow bones
- 6 tablespoons of olive oil.
- 4 red peppers
- 4 green peppers
- 4 zucchini
- 4 small cans of peeled tomatoes
- 3 onions
- 2 tablespoons of raz el hanout
- 1 tablespoon of turmeric
- 1 teaspoon of ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon of paprika
- 4 cinnamon pipes
- 3 candied lemons
- 125g flaked almonds
- 150g of raisins
- Rinse the vegetables under the tap.
- Peel the onions, then cut them into rings.
- Peel the vegetables and cut them into small pieces.
- Trim the boneless meat and cut into cubes.
- Heat the oil in the tagine (I had to take my large cast iron casserole dish).
- Grill the marrow bones, let them brown well, then set aside.
- Sear the meat in olive oil, turn it over, it should color all over, then set aside.
- Add the onions to the fat of the meat and leave them for a few minutes.
- Return the meat with the onions.
- Add all the spices then mix again.
- Pour in the peeled tomatoes.
- Slice the lemons in four then add them to the tagine.
- Sprinkle with flaked almonds and raisins.
- Mix one last time, place the marrow bones.
- Pour 25 cl of water.
- Cover and cook for 1 hour 45 minutes, watching after an hour.
Preparation time: 60 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour 45 minutes
Number of people: 15
4 star rating: 1 review
Which wine to drink with: Veal tagine with candied lemons
My favorite wine for this recipe: Trousseau rouge Cépage Poulsard, Trousseau, Pinot rouge
Temperature between 12 ° and 14 °
Cut the meatSear bone and meatSear the onionsAdd the vegetablesAdd the raisinsAdd the candied lemonsAdd the peppersZoom<img src="/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/6261774140288819326.jpg" class="aligncenter"