Vegetable and Sausage Soup Recipe
Thibaut gave me a nice smoked sausage from Haut Doubs, they are always exceptional; just to the touch, your hand is marked by a smell of smoke. I really like the soup with vegetables cut into small cubes, but I am the only one at home, it falls tonight: no one at home. I cooked my beautiful sausage with my vegetables, these sausages are rarely fatty and they divinely flavor this beautiful soup. Vegetable and sausage soup, ideal for an evening meal with a small green salad. A nice way in winter to eat vegetables, here cut into small cubes, it’s a little more work, but I love it. Be careful not to overcook the Upper Doubs sausage, the soup should barely simmer without boiling at full broth, like a gentle Morteau sausage.
Vegetable and Sausage Soup Recipe for 4 people:
- 1 potato
- 2 carrots
- 2 onions
- 1 turnip
- 1 leek
- 1 smoked sausage from Haut Doubs
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- ¼ of celery
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1 teaspoon of coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon chopped chives
- 1 liter of water
- Peel the carrots, turnip and celery then cut them into small cubes.
- Peel the onions and thinly slice.
- Heat the olive oil in a casserole dish.
- Add the onions, let them color, stirring regularly.
- Add the vegetables cut into cubes.
- Add the cumin and toast a little with the spice.
- Pour in the water then salt.
- Cook for 15 minutes under a low heat.
- Add the upper Doubs smoked sausage to the simmering soup.
- Cook in simmering water for 30 minutes.
- Add the chives just before serving.
- Enjoy the soup hot.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
Number of people: 4
4 star rating: 1 review
What wine to drink with: Vegetable and sausage soup
My favorite wine for this recipe: Poulsard Rousseau grape, Poulsard and Pinot noir
Temperature between 11 ° and 13 °
Cubed vegetables Sear the vegetables Add the broth Add the sausage then lower the heat Zoom