Viennese Bread Recipe
Always a great time at home breakfast, we (so as not to gain pounds every day) highlight when a person sleeps at home. This morning, Léa, Léonie’s great friend, did us the honor of sleeping at home. So I decided to prepare Viennese breads, as they are super tasty, I think it’s going to be the Nutella jar party. I really like my pound of bread, I’ve hardly bought bread for two years now, we vary at home with the flours and shapes, but it’s always a great moment of gluttony with each discovery, here Viennese bread (from the first minutes of baking, we can already imagine its flavor), I’m already dying. This Viennese bread, almost brioche is a real delight in the morning, in addition I had calculated and the girls still had it a little warm.
Viennese bread recipe for: 5 rolls of 150g
- 500 g of T65 flour
- 35g sugar
- 10 g of fine salt
- 25 g powdered milk
- 75 g liquid baking powder
- 15 g baker’s yeast
- 75 softened butter
- 1 egg for the gilding
- Pour in the flour, water, baking powder, salt, sugar, powdered milk and baking powder.
- Mix 5 minutes at low speed, then 6 minutes at high speed.
- Incorporate the softened butter, beat a further 4 minutes.
- Watch out for projections
- Form a ball and cover with a slightly damp cloth.
- Let it grow for an hour, the dough will gain volume.
- Flour the work surface.
- Divide the dough into 5 pieces of equal weight.
- Roll them up to give them a nice round shape.
- Let sit for 15 minutes.
- Gently flatten the dough pieces with the flat of your hand.
- Take the dough pieces lengthwise.
- Fold the right side up a third and press it with your fingers to give it a shape.
- Fold the left side back a third and press it with your fingers to give it a shape.
- Fold the dough in half lengthwise, weld with the base of your hand.
- Roll it under your hand so that it takes the desired shape about 15 cm, refine the ends to a point.
- Place the dough pieces (solder underneath) under a damp cloth.
- Brown with the beaten egg
- Store in the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- Brown again with the beaten egg
- Roll into a sausage and let it grow for 1 hour 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 160 °.
- Pour 5 cl of water in the oven and put the breads in the oven; cook for 15 minutes Prep time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Number of people: 5 rolls of 150 g
4 star rating: 1 review
What wine to drink with: Viennese bread
No wine, for this recipe
Flatten the dough Make four balls Extend the loaves and let them grow Cut at an angle Let the dough grow