Chocolate Viennese Bread Recipe
Always a great time at home breakfast, we (so as not to gain pounds every day) highlight when a person sleeps at home. This morning, the house is full with three young girls and of course their mother, happiness in the house, she breathes the joy of living, I love it. So for breakfast after the pancakes, Sofia asked me if I had sandwich bread of course I made it for her (you will have the recipe a little later). This morning it’s Pain Viennois au chocolat, beware of gourmets and gourmets, it’s a killing for a royal breakfast: the bread is brioche with a contribution of chocolate (in addition I was very generous, but we do not change …) . I tested in freezing, but I think I made a mistake because I thawed my chocolate Viennese bread before baking it, next time I will try to bake it directly out of the freezer. In any case, we loved this Viennese chocolate bread.
Chocolate Viennese Bread recipe for: 5 rolls of 150g ea.
- 500 g of T65 flour
- 200 g of chocolate chips (I use chocolate bars for bread rolls)
- 35g sugar
- 25 g powdered milk
- 15 g baker’s yeast
- 10 g of fine salt
- 1 egg yolk for the gilding
- 75 g of liquid sourdough
- 75 softened butter
- Pour in the flour, water, baking powder, salt, sugar, powdered milk and baking powder.
- Mix 5 minutes at low speed, then 6 minutes at high speed.
- Add the chocolate.
- Incorporate the softened butter, beat a further 4 minutes.
- Form a ball and cover with a slightly damp cloth.
- Let it grow for an hour, the dough will gain volume.
- Flour the work surface.
- Divide the dough into 5 pieces of equal weight.
- Roll them up to give them a nice round shape.
- Let sit for 15 minutes.
- Gently flatten the dough pieces with the flat of your hand.
- Take the dough pieces lengthwise.
- Fold the right side up a third and press it with your fingers to give it a shape.
- Fold the left side back a third and press it with your fingers to give it a shape.
- Fold the dough in half lengthwise, weld with the base of your hand.
- Roll it under your hand so that it takes the desired shape about 15 cm, refine the ends to a point.
- Place the dough pieces (solder underneath) under a damp cloth.
- Brown with the beaten egg
- Store in the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- Brown again with the beaten egg
- Roll into a sausage and let it grow for 1 hour 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 160 °.
- Pour 5 cl of water in the oven and put the buns in the oven; cook for 15 minutes.
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Number of people: 5 rolls of 150 g
4 star rating: 1 review
Let it growDivide into four then let it growExtend in the shape of a wandBrown with eggzoom
What wine to drink with: Pain Viennois au chocolat
No wine, for this recipe </p