Recipe: Banana gratin
Banana gratin recipe, I love banana desserts. We had bananas that were far too ripe to consume them in fruit, here flambéed with white rum, I loved it. Here is a West Indian banana gratin, coconut milk, bananas and of course white rum, all the ingredients are there to escape to the sun.
- Banana Gratin recipe for 6 to 8 people:
- For 6 to 8 people:
- 6 ripe bananas
- Chocolate chips (optional)
- 4 eggs
- 75 g sugar
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
- 1/2 vanilla bean
- 5 cl of white rum
- 20 cl of coconut milk
- 5 cl of whole milk
- 40g grated dried coconut
- 20 g butter for the dish
- 1 packet of vanilla sugar
- Butter a baking dish.
- Peel the bananas and cut them in half lengthwise.
- Arrange the bananas lengthwise with the cut sides on the dish, sprinkle with vanilla sugar.
- Place a second layer of banana in the other direction, sprinkle with vanilla sugar
- Place a 3rd layer of bananas lengthwise, finish with the vanilla sugar.
- Heat the white rum with a tablespoon of sugar.
- Flambé the rum, then pour over the bananas.
- Beat the eggs with the sugar with a mixer to whiten them.
- Split the vanilla in half, collect the flesh and add it to the beaten eggs.
- Stir in the coconut milk, the milk then the grated coconut.
- Pour the preparation over the bananas.
- Place a few knobs of butter.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Bake the gratin in a hot oven at 180 ° for 30 min.
- Serve cold or warm.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minute (s)
Number of people: 6
4 star rating: 1 review
What wine to drink with: Banana gratin
My favorite wine for this recipe: Gewurztraminer Grape Gewurztraminer
Temperature between 09 ° and 12 °
Ripe bananas Heat the rum Flambé the rum Bananas flambé Ready-to-cook gratin