Recipe: Beef kidney and carrots
Beef and carrot kidney recipe, at home we love kidneys all kidneys, veal, beef, pork, lamb and of course rabbit. For this recipe I chose beef kidneys, which remain very inexpensive in addition they were already trimmed, which makes the task of the stove easier. I married my recipe with carrots, for their sweetness and especially their sweet tastes, a very interesting marriage the carrots, which are still a little crunchy, have a delicious flavor to the sauce.
- Beef kidney and carrot recipe for 4 people:
- 450g trimmed beef kidneys
- 20 cl of white wine
- 15 cl of sour cream
- 2 shallots
- 4 carrots
- 2 large tablespoons of oil
- Peel the carrots, then cut them into mirepoix.
- Peel the shallots and thinly slice them.
- Heat the pan very hot with 1 tablespoon of oil.
- Throw the kidneys into the very hot oil.
- Stir to quickly sear all the kidneys on all sides.
- Run the kidneys quickly under the tap of water once they are well colored.
- Reserve the kidneys and clean the pan.
- Heat the pan with the last spoonful of oil.
- Add the carrots to precook them for about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Add the chopped shallots.
- Add the kidneys and finish grilling them with the vegetables.
- Deglaze with the white wine and reduce until almost dry.
- Add the fluid cream.
- Let reduce for about 10 minutes, the sauce should thicken a little as soon as the water in the cream has evaporated.
Preparation time: 15 minute (s)
Number of people: 4
Cooking time: 20 minutes
4 star rating: 1 review
What wine to drink with: Beef kidney and carrots
My favorite wine for this Lalande pomerol recipe: Sauvignon franc grape; Sauvignon Cabernet; Merlot
Temperature between 15 ° and 17 °
Slice the shallots Burn the kidneys Slice the carrots Sear the kidneys Add the cream Let reduce A plate