Duck breast with clementines recipe
It’s Léonie’s favorite meat, I also like this very generous duck, but we don’t agree on the cooking, so in principle I eat the middle of the duck breast and Léonie the ends, always a little more cooked. . For this duck breast with clementines, I still had fruits of incredible quality, clementines arriving directly from Israel (it’s not next door !!!); they just add a little acidity to this duck breast with clementines; I accompanied it with a white rice. I really like the duck breasts from the southwest of France, always quite generous with a barely pink meat, in any case, ideal for this recipe of duck breast with clementines; I still had a base of late harvest Riesling to make my sauce. I had kept a glass to accompany my meat.
Recipe for Duck breast with clementines 2 people:
- 1 duck breast
- 1 clementine
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 star anise
- 10 cl of sweet white wine
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- Cut the skin of the duck breast without touching the flesh.
- Season the duck breast with salt and pepper.
- Peel the clementine.
- Gently place the duck breasts skin side down in the cold pan and gently brown the skin.
- Turn the breasts over using tongs so as not to prick them and cook for 2 minutes.
- Place the duck breasts in a baking dish.
- Spread the honey on the duck breasts
- Place the clementine with the duck breast.
- Bake the duck breasts in the oven for 8 minutes.
- Pour the honey into the still hot pan.
- Deglaze the pan with the white wine.
- Cut the duck breasts and clementine in half.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 8 minutes
Number of people: 2
4 star rating: 1 review
Peel the clementineSear the duck breastReturn the duck breastTo bookZoom
What wine to drink with: Duck breast with clementines
My favorite wine for this recipe: Côte de bourg Cape Diem 2012 Grape variety Sauvignon blanc and Cabernet, Merlot
Temperature between 15 ° and 16 °
Partnership with Château Lacouture in Gauriac in Gironde
A thought to all those connected from France or abroad in love with French cuisine and its wines, here is a great opportunity for you to buy a quality wine, without any risk, to accompany my duck breast recipe with clementines. I selected this Bordeaux Cuvée Carpe Diem 2012 Bordeaux wine from Château Lacouture after tasting it, I loved it.
Côte de bourg 2012 Carpe Diem
This Côte de Bourg on the palate is a dense wine, with a supple attack and a silky but deep substance, nice round tannins, a wine with a deep ruby color and purplish reflections in its youth. The nose is complex, intense and clean, with primary notes of red and black fruits. On the palate, it is a dense wine with a supple attack with some nice notes of round tannins.
Meeting in Gauriac at Château Lacouture for the comic book festival on May 13 and 14, 2017
3 route du Fronton
Phone: 05 57 64 82 31
Mail: chateaulacouture [at] orange.fr </p