Our salad on the occasion of the football final, I hope France will win, of course they deserve to win just as much as Portugal, but it is France. A colorful salad, I really appreciated the crunchiness of the green pepper, the sweetness of the watermelon and the character of the smoked and grilled bacon. Salad married gently with this shellfish salad, we tasted it in the cool under the apple tree in the orchard, not even hot and yet the barbecue was heated all evening. The well-chilled rosé quenched our thirst and this shellfish salad is beautiful. Well, you already know, we are great pasta lovers, hot or cold whatever! as long as it is pasta, here is a very gourmet dinner with this shellfish salad.
Shellfish salad recipe for 5 people:
- 250 g of shellfish
- 250 g smoked bacon
- 150g watermelon without skin
- 1 small cucumber
- ½ green pepper
- 3 small fresh onions
- ½ bunch of chives
- 110 g pitted black olives
- 110 g pitted green olives
- 1 teaspoon of cardamom
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon of Espelette pepper
- 1 tablespoon of rapeseed oil.
- 1 tablespoon of sunflower oil
- 1 tablespoon of white balsamic vinegar
- Dry roast the bacon in a pan, let them brown well, drain them.
- Cut the watermelon into a triangle.
- Cook the shells for the time indicated in principle 8 minutes, then cool them under clear water
- Peel the cucumber every second time, then cut it into 3 pieces lengthwise.
- Slice each section into 5 mm strips;
- Place the sections upright, then cut them into 8 quarters.
- Rinse then finely chop the chives.
- Slice the cucumber in half, remove the seeds, then cut in thirds, then into sticks.
- Mix all the vegetables with the cooled pasta, olives and bacon.
- Add the spices.
- Mix together.
- Flavor with the oils and white balsamic vinegar.
- Crush the peppercorns, then add it to the salad.
- Taste and correct if necessary.
- Place in the refrigerator at least an hour before tasting it;
Preparation time: 35 minutes
Cooking time: 8 minutes
Number of people: 5
4 star rating: 1 review
What wine to drink with: Shellfish salad
My favorite wine for this recipe: Côte du Rhône rosé
Temperature between 08 ° and 10 °
Finely chop the chives Cut the cucumber Slice the watermelon Add the olives Spices