Recipe: Shallot in vinegar
Pickled shallots recipes, to start a good meal and accompany a good
do not house terrine, a little sweet this recipe should please you. I chose gray shallots with their skins like a shell for this pickled shallot recipe. The vinegar flavored with a stick of cinnamon and fresh thyme, barely sweetened, will confine these shallots to consume at the end of the year.
- Recipe shallots in vinegar for 1 jar of 75 cl:
- 340 g shallots
- 25 cl of white vinegar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 5 cl of water
- 1 star anise
- 2 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon of Séchouan pepper
- 1 teaspoon of red berry
- Heat the vinegar, cinnamon stick and star anise in a saucepan.
- Add the Séchouan pepper and red berries
- Simmer for 3 minutes.
- Set aside on a window sill, so that the liquid cools.
- Dry the aromatic herb with food paper.
- Peel the shallots
- Cut the shallots in half so.
- Scald then dry the jar.
- Install the thyme stalks, so that they are over the entire height of the jar.
- Pour in the red berries.
- Place the shallots at the bottom of the jar.
- Pour the cooled vinegar over the shallots.
- Reserve under cover for 3 to 4 weeks.
- Enjoy the shallots for the end of the year.
Preparation time: 60 minutes
Cooking time: 3 minutes
Number of people: 1 jar of 75 cl
4 star rating: 1 review
Gray shallots Peel the shallots Let infuse Store the shallots Shallots and vinegar