Recipe: Rib and venison fillet
Recipe for venison tenderloin, grand veneur sauce, a real delight, often reserved for special occasions. At home we love game, but no hunter in the family so there are few occasions to eat it. I like these dishes with a generous sauce, very smooth and a lot of character, slightly sweet and tangy at the same time. It is perfectly suitable for the end of the year celebrations, rib and venison fillet no matter what I fall for the two pieces, what I like more are the plates that come back clean. But it’s not always easy to find venison fillet.
- Rib of venison fillet for 2 people:
- 400 g Ribs of tenderloin
- 2 shallots
- 2 garlic
- Roe deer rib adornments
- 1 teaspoon of redcurrant jelly
- 1/4 Madira red wine
- 1 teaspoon of tomato paste
- 50 g butter
- Sear the trimmings with the shallots and garlic.
- Add the jelly and the brown stock
- Pour the wine.
- Add a glass of water.
- Add the teaspoon of tomato puree
- Simmer the sauce for an hour, without covering it.
- Add the jam.
- Reduce the sauce by half.
- Sear the ribs in the hot butter and let brown well.
- Serve in hot plates, put the meat on top and generously cover with the sauce.
- I accompanied it with mashed sorrel with a fork.
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Number of people: 2
4 star rating: 1 review
What wine to drink with: Rib of venison fillet
My favorite wine for this recipe: Madiran red Cépage Tannat, Cabernet Franc and Sauvignon
Temperature between 16 ° and 17 °
Thanks to Kiki for this recipe
Take out the net for an hour Slice the fillet Use a sharp knife Season Grab Turn over and grab Zoom