Recipe: Roast Pork with Chestnuts
Roast pork with chestnuts, I like this meat that cooks with vegetables and in the sauce. An original way to cook a roast in the fillet without it being dry and deliciously fragrant. A good roast cooked in a cast iron casserole dish, under a gentle flame, it simmers and is delicately flavored. I like roast pork with chestnuts, but it needs to simmer gently under a very low heat, so that the meat is flavored as it is cooked. I used a white Burgundy to cook it and serve with my chestnut roast pork.
- Chestnut roast pork recipe for 5 people:
- 1 kg of roast pork in the loin
- 420 gr of fire-peeled chestnuts in jars
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 2 large onions
- 2 carrots
- 1 shallot
- 35 cl of white wine
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 Maggi chicken broth
- 1 clove
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon of curry
- Salt and pepper
- Peel the onions, then cut into quarters, then into strips.
- Peel the carrots, then cut lengthwise into quarters and then into cubes.
- Heat a cast iron casserole dish with 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat.
- Grill the roast pork on all sides without letting it burn.
- Peel and mince the shallot and garlic, then grill with the roast.
- Add the chopped onions and carrots.
- Add the chestnuts
- Pour the white wine and water with the broth, scrape well with a wooden spoon to loosen the juices at the bottom of the casserole dish.
- Season with the ginger and curry powder.
- Cook the roast for 2 to 3 hours under a low heat, watching from time to time.
Preparation time: 40 minutes
Cooking time: 120 minutes
Number of people: 5
4 star rating: 1 review
What wine to drink with: Roast pork with chestnuts
My favorite wine for this recipe: Bourgogne Blanc Grape variety: Chardonnay.
Temperature between 10 ° and 12 °
Grill the bacon Cut onions and carrots Add the mushrooms Sear the roast Add the vegetables Pour the cream Add the chestnuts Zoom