Recipe: Roasted rabbit terrine with sour cherry juice
Recipe Roasted rabbit terrine with sour cherry juice, we loved this homemade terrine. Easy-to-make rabbit terrine, nothing like a homemade terrine for entertaining friends. This rabbit terrine recipe with brandy cherries. Marinate the terrine for at least one night, it will perfume and the alcohol gives the meat a different taste.
- Recipe Roasted rabbit terrine with sour cherry juice for 6 people:
- 800g of rabbit
- 0.400 gr of pork loin
- 0.150 gr of pork throats
- 300 g smoked bacon, thinly sliced
- 20 cherries in brandy
- 1 carrot
- 1 onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 10 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 13 gr of salt
- 3 g of pepper
- 15 cl of sour cherry juice
- Denervate and degrease the pork loin.
- Bone the rabbit and cut it into small cubes while keeping a piece lengthwise.
- Peel and slice the carrot.
- Peel the onion and cut it into quarters.
- Peel the garlic clove.
- In a large salad bowl, place the meat cut into pieces, add the 10 sprigs of rosemary and the vegetables.
- Cover with the sour cherry juice and 10 cl of white wine.
- Film with cling film and place in the refrigerator for 24 hours or better 48 hours.
- In a large salad bowl, chop your meat and throat as well as all the vegetables in the marinade.
- Mix by hand, salt and pepper.
- Add the cherries to the brandy, mix to distribute the fruits well.
- Respecting the salt and pepper dosages is really important for the balance of your terrine.
- Line the bottom of your terrine with the smoked bacon, letting a little overflow to cover the top.
- Place the stuffing at the bottom, then a slice of rabbit, then the stuffing. Place the sprigs of rosemary on top of the terrine.
- I used a number 2 terrine.
- Once your terrine is well loaded, then pressed with your fist, close with the bacon bades.
- Bake in a cold oven at the start, in a bain-marie for 1 hour 30 minutes at 150 °.
Preparation time: 40 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour 30 minutes
Number of people: 6
4 star rating: 1 review
Which wine to drink with: roasted rabbit terrine with sour cherry juice
My favorite wine for this recipe: Corbières, Grape varieties: Carignan, Grenache noir, Cinsault
Temperature between 15 ° and 16 °