Recipe: Wild boar terrine
Recipe for wild boar terrine ideal to start a meal with friends, we served it with pickled cherries. I like to cook and bake the terrines, but I especially like the first moment when the terrine is sliced and it gives off its cooking smell. Not always easy to find wild boar or even wild boar. This year I had to order it in a supermarket, when hunters don’t know what to do with it. Wild boar terrine, ideal for the end of year celebrations or a family meal.
- Recipe Wild boar terrine for 12 people:
- 600gr of wild boar
- 800gr of pork throat
- 600gr of pork loin
- 2 carrots
- 2 large shallots
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon of peppercorns
- 5 juniper berries
- 4 tablespoons of cognac
- 60 cl of riesling
- 16 g of salt per kilo of meat
- 2 g of pepper per kilo
- Trim the wild boar and cut it into small pieces.
- Reserve a strip of meat 2 by 2 cm the length of your mold.
- Cut all the pork into cubes
- Peel and cut the carrots and shallots into slices.
- Arrange the pieces of meat, add 3 bay leaves and the thyme and the vegetables.
- Cover with white wine and brandy, all the meat should be covered.
- Add the peppercorns, Juniper berries.
- Film with cling film and place in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
- Chop all the meat as well as all the carrots and shallots from the marinade.
- Mix by hand, then weigh.
- Salt and pepper.
- Respecting the salt and pepper dosages is really important for the balance of your terrine.
- Pour part of the marinade.
- Place the stuffing at the bottom, then the slice of wild boar.
- Place the rest of the stuffing, barely tamp.
- Place 3 bay leaves on top of the terrine.
- Bake in a cold oven at the start, in a bain-marie for 1h30 at 180 °.
- Put a weight on the terrine in order to compact it a little, then remove it, the terrine will suck the juice.
Preparation time: 40 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour 30 minutes
Number of people: 8
4 star rating: 1 review
What wine to drink with: Wild boar terrine.
My favorite wine for this recipe: Saint Estèphe Grape variety Cabernet franc and sauvignon, merlot
Temperature between 15 ° and 18 °
Thanks to Thibaut for the decoration
MeatsCut the meatsFlavoredTo drainChop the meatSalt and pepperPack a littlelaurelCooked terrineSliceZoom<img src="/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/2406469246708541933.jpg" class="aligncenter"